[erlang-questions] How performant is ets:select ?

Alexander Gunin guninalexander@REDACTED
Sun Jul 5 20:34:11 CEST 2015

Is true that ets optimizes composite key scan(like {8,'_'}) for select? I can't find it in documentation. Only this from ets:match documentation "If the key is specified in the pattern, the match is very efficient. If the key is not specified, i.e. if it is a variable or an underscore, the entire table must be searched. ..."