[erlang-questions] Garbage Collection, BEAM memory and Erlang memory

Roberto Ostinelli roberto.ostinelli@REDACTED
Wed Jan 28 20:09:45 CET 2015

That's a valid point, and I can clarify.

During the first phase, all the long lived connections are made. During the second phase, newly-created short lived connections send messages to the long lived ones.

The long lived connection are all connected when the first memory increase phase ends, which is when the short-lived connections start sending messages.

What is unclear to me is why the second memory increase phase happens quite some time after these short lived processes have started sending messages.