[erlang-questions] relx extended deps

e@REDACTED e@REDACTED
Tue Jan 27 16:23:10 CET 2015

On 01/27/2015 04:17 PM, Anthony Ramine wrote:
> Le 27 janv. 2015 à 15:52, e@REDACTED a écrit :
>
>> what makes you assume so rudely that the issue is unique for 'ranch'
>
> What makes you feel that his response is rude? That many applications do the dubious thing of not properly specifying their dependencies is a problem in these applications, not in relx.

the problem is that we are facing another type of dependency here,
something like a "runtime dependency".

by the moment of the development the developer DOES NOT KNOW will his
application depend on the 'ssl' or not.
therefore he can not specify a dep.

however, we know for sure how to determine the very same dep LATER ON.
it is clear that 'ranch's dependency on 'ssl' is implied by the deps of
a top-application.
so that i propose a clear unambiguous algorithmic way how to alter some
deps within the deps-tree according to the deps of the top-app.