[erlang-questions] [Beginner] Project Ideas - Help Needed

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Mon Jan 26 12:58:38 CET 2015

Write what you're passionate about.

I am passionate about games so my first project was an attempt at
reverse engineering a game server and reimplementing it in Erlang.

I am passionate about HTTP so my second project was an HTTP server.

If you're not passionate about something then there's not much point
working on it, you'll lose motivation. The motivation comes from what
you're trying to build. Learning Erlang is just a way to achieve that.

On 01/26/2015 01:40 AM, Harit Himanshu wrote:
> Google searches directed to /ambitious/ things like IRC chat, messaging
> application amongst others

They're not actually ambitious. Most Erlang books and trainings have
some sort of (often distributed) chat, you just need to add the IRC or
other protocol on top of it. You also don't need to implement
everything. Use hardcoded values until you implement the missing
functionality.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu