[erlang-questions] cipher negotiation problem in SSL application when using PFS only

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Fri Jan 23 17:22:28 CET 2015

Hi!

The alert you get means that the client and server had no cipher suites in
common.

You can use

io:format("~p", [ssl:cipher_suites(openssl)]).
io:format("~p", [ssl:cipher_suites(erlang)]).

(io:format as the lists returned might be long and truncated)

to find out what cipher suites that are available on your erlang node.
It can differ depending on what openSSL crypto library that the crypto
application is linked to.

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team - Ericsson AB