[erlang-questions] Tracing and debugging

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Tue Jan 13 15:34:31 CET 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Richard Carlsson <
carlsson.richard@REDACTED> wrote:

> What really should be done is that the current interpreting debugger
> should be destroyed with fire and a real bytecode-level debugger should be
> implemented (with low level functionality done in C), which would be way
> faster, only require updating when new Beam operations are added, and not
> require the abstract code to be present in the beam files.

A new bytecode-level debugger is not something I can implement myself, but
the other one is. Even so, I think that tracing would still have its place,
as stopping on a breakpoint will still trigger all sorts of timeouts in a
live system.

regards,
Vlad