[erlang-questions] Tracing and debugging

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Tue Jan 13 15:18:46 CET 2015

The major difference is that you can trace intermediary results without
polluting the code with dummy ?trace calls. Having the variables selected
automatically is nice too, no way to forget some or refer to the wrong one.
Some more advanced stuff can be done too, like only tracing variables whose
values have changed.

In other words, why do things manually if it was possible and efficient to
have them don for you by the compiler?

regards,
Vlad