[erlang-questions] mochiweb vs. cowboy for websocket serevr

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Sun Jan 11 05:45:22 CET 2015

After looking a bit more closely at this code (to write tests for and fix
an issue) I would not recommend using mochiweb's implementation of
websocket at this time. It's a contributed feature without many tests and
it does not appear to implement the full RFC spec. I can also see some edge
cases where incoming data might be lost (when websocket frames are
fragmented across http packets). The only really good reason to use this
implementation is if you really like mochiweb (perhaps for legacy reasons)
*and* you are willing to fix this code if it's broken for your use case.