[erlang-questions] [ANN]: Damocles, a library for testing distribution scenarios on a single machine

Michael Santos michael.santos@REDACTED
Tue Jan 6 02:11:06 CET 2015

On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 09:16:42AM -0500, Christopher Phillips wrote:
> For OSX ipfw was deprecated in Lion and removed in Yosemite. I've done a
> bit of looking at the replacement, pf, and it looks like dropping packets
> based on percentage is doable, as is bandwidth throttling (something I'd
> like to add, in general), but I don't see any way to induce a delay, beyond
> an implicit one based on tos prioritization. If someone knows how and can
> point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

The portable way is to use a tuntap device. Then you can arbitrarily
drop packets, throttle bandwidth, introduce latency, whatever, from your
code. Sort of like quickcheck for networks :)