[erlang-questions] Is Erlang ideal for a global exchange?

xu xiut xiut.xu@REDACTED
Mon Jan 5 17:28:02 CET 2015

I am looking at using Erlang for an exchange. If I'm lucky, my transaction
volume will be 100 - 150k day or about 4000 transactions/hour, about
1.5/sec At this rate, maybe Erlang wouldn't be necessary, however, would it
be the case that Erlang provides better semantics surrounding failure
compared to other languages and their ecosystems, and so, even then it
would be a great tool choice?

Is Erlang ideal for scaling out such an exchange? I wonder what is the
minimum number of trades a second that would be difficult for erlang to
process. I realize it's difficult to answer given the trade execution path
isn't described, but it's the first question that comes to mind when I
started thinking about the language of choice.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed, and thank you for letting me
share this here!