[erlang-questions] Erlang package manager

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Sat Jan 3 20:00:07 CET 2015

On 01/03/2015 07:47 PM, Tristan Sloughter wrote:
>     Well, I know this is a pet peeve for you =)
>
> Yea, I hope this project does not care about any of that. I don't think
> the VM start time matters even in a build tool and that is run much more
> often than a package manager! I'd be surprised if anyone even notices...
> Focusing on that 200ms would be a far greater waste of time than any
> time lost on start time.

If it was extra work, then yes. But here it's just a matter of choosing
between 2 different ways of running programs, and they both *already
exist*. There's no extra work involved. I just want to make sure the
right one is chosen.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu