[erlang-questions] your first choice?

David Welton davidnwelton@REDACTED
Fri Feb 20 18:06:39 CET 2015

>> You actually may not need to know the framework that intimately.
>

> This is a common problem of all "frameworks":
> they all claim "no need to know them intimately" and they all in fact
> require that knowledge.

I don't know; I built a small business myself with Ruby on Rails and
have never needed to dive into its internals or hack on it, or subvert
it.  It's done rather nicely, actually.  I know plenty of other people
in the same boat.  There are certainly situations in which what you
say is true, but it is not an "all" or "none" rule.  You can do lots
without having to ever bother with really thorough knowledge of how
some things are put together.

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/