[erlang-questions] Process scope variable

Imants Cekusins imantc@REDACTED
Fri Feb 20 12:26:53 CET 2015

> I've now extended the measurements, on a different machine.
> The relevant ratio would seem to be 16010/100 = 160.1

thank you very much! very useful.

> I can see no advantage to putting state in another process
compared with putting state in the process dictionary.

I thought pd suffers some memory drawbacks?

The advantages are:

1) gc is as good as with any gs;
2) there is some control over what happens with the state after the
main otp process crashes;
3) the "state" gs can be accessed from another process;
4) the state can be moved to another node