[erlang-questions] Process scope variable

Rad Gruchalski radek@REDACTED
Thu Feb 19 19:07:45 CET 2015

On Thursday, 19 February 2015 at 18:54, Imants Cekusins wrote:
> > Try Scala,
>

> Hi Rad,
>
> Erlang is perfect. This little trick is only a small extension for
> productivity purpose.

We agree to disagree.
The simplest way of achieving what you are trying to do is to have a gen_server with an underlaying ets table. You can then call for your ‘state’. You keep OTP principles and have state. There are use cases where this is indeed a tempting shortcut. From an experience though, shortcuts usually lead to poor architectural decisions. And that’s not only in Erlang, that’s any technology.
> Thank you for the book suggestion. I will pick it up at some stage.

I’d read it first.