[erlang-questions] Process scope variable

Imants Cekusins imantc@REDACTED
Thu Feb 19 14:49:32 CET 2015

Hi Vlad,

> Are you sure that you will still understand the program flow in 3 or 6 or 12 months from now, especially if you will be working with something else in between?

well it is not always simple. The frequent refactoring I mentioned
aims to produce the  code that makes sense. This will allow me to
speed up  continuous refactoring. I also document code much more
extensively that is often expected.

> Are you sure that the "state server" will only be written to from only one process?

I will use Pid & ref. Will make sure they are passed only within A
process. I do not spawn much.

>  throwing away exactly what Erlang is good at

Erlang is good and convenient in many respects. If Java were better
suited, I would use Java of course. In this case Erlang is more
suitable and convenient.

For me, this approach speeds up code delivery and code readability. I
do not anticipate bug increase.