[erlang-questions] Distributed Process Registry

Roberto Ostinelli roberto.ostinelli@REDACTED
Sun Feb 8 23:07:38 CET 2015

Hi Michael,
Do you know what the impact of this is when you add/remove keys often? I'm imagining a lot of communication (async) happening between nodes.

I'm actually very ok with the AP portion of the CAP theorem (that pg2 seems to offer) in contrast with the CA (of global/gproc).

Just wandering if there are studies and impact on performance. As said, I have 3 nodes with a total of 500k pids that need registration

Thanks,
r.