[erlang-questions] Riak Search Production Configuration

Shawn Debnath shawn@REDACTED
Fri Feb 6 17:22:35 CET 2015

I am assuming these are part of a map or some collection for each key. Riak flattens the namespace, so if you have a key KEY1 storing a map called Cyc with fields name, evironment, build; the flattened fields will look similar to Cyc.name,  Cyc.environment, Cyc.build. Your schema definition says fields will be strictly “name”, which is almost never the case. You may want to prefix the name with a ‘*’, something like:

<field name=“*name" type="_yz_str" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true" required="true"/>

This is only for simple non-CRDT types. Depending on how you are storing your data, you may need to build an extractor for it. For defined CRDT types, Riak adds their own internal suffixes (_set, _counter, _flag). For CRDTs, I would recommend using the default schema and grep’ing the data files to see what the field names look like (unless someone can recommend a better way) and once you have identified the names, build a custom schema for yourself. Otherwise, use the default schema again, and your custom field definitions above but add an asterisk as the prefix and suffix: "*name*” to see what Riak thinks the full name for that field is.

Adding erlang-questions back on, hopefully someone can recommend something for AAE and or correct anything I have said above.