[erlang-questions] Corrupted term on distribution channel from a C-Node

Mon Apr 27 15:36:20 CEST 2015

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Peter Membrey <peter@REDACTED> wrote:

> Having gone through the message with the EDP and external term man pages,
> it looks like we're getting a corrupt SEND command. In both cases the
> cookie is not being encoded correctly (the cookie is definitely not empty),
> and in the second instance, we have a 0 where we'd expect a 103. The
> messages following both corrupted SEND messages were decodable with
> binary_to_term/1 and the payload looked good.

Is this nondeterministic? I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility of
the hardware messing up, or some error in the code elsewhere manipulating
the wrong data. Not that I can pinpoint *that* is what is happening, but do
not rule it out from the start that this could be a hardware thing. What
version of Erlang is this? A recent one, or an earlier one?

--
J.