[erlang-questions] Does erlang:now() guarantee that subsequent calls to this BIF returns continuously increasing values even in erlang cluster?

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner@REDACTED
Mon Apr 20 16:06:32 CEST 2015

If you can make do with a partial order rather than a total order, somehow:

   http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/seq_trace.html

Basically, Lamport clocks.

  http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/lamport/pubs/time-clocks.pdf

Regards,
Michael Turner
Executive Director
Project Persephone
K-1 bldg 3F
7-2-6 Nishishinjuku
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023
Tel: +81 (3) 6890-1140
Fax: +81 (3) 6890-1158
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
turner@REDACTED
http://www.projectpersephone.org/

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward
together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry