[erlang-questions] Efficient sum matrix by column

Alexander Petrovsky askjuise@REDACTED
Sun Apr 12 19:23:09 CEST 2015

Hello!

I have about 100 nodes in cluster, each node in cluster contains about
100000 elements in proplist. All proplists have equal length, the same
keys, but different values. I need to get the sum values for every key
between all proplists. By example, it can be represented as matrix NxM
(N~=100, M~=100000), and I need to get the sum by column.

The problem is that it's too slow, even when I use the hackish way with
ets:update_counter and N=2, it's take about 1.5 secs, If I make in
parallel, it's take about 2-3 seconds.

How can I make it fast and efficient?

--
Петровский Александр / Alexander Petrovsky,

Skype: askjuise
Phone: +7 914 8 820 815