[erlang-questions] Proposal for not allowing tuple calls

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Sat Apr 11 19:39:49 CEST 2015

On 04/11/2015 06:22 PM, José Valim wrote:
> For those reasons, I would like to propose a new function and a compiler
> option that disables the tuple calls.
>
>     erlang:apply_no_tuple(Mod, Fun, Args).

What about:

Erlang 19: add command line option to disable tuple calls
Erlang 20: make that option disable tuple calls by default
Erlang 21: add an option when you compile the VM to disable tuple calls
Erlang 22: make that option disable tuple calls by default and be happy

Though I suspect any attempt to remove this functionality will be met
with resistance from part of the Erlang community.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu