[erlang-questions] how does a DistEntry get its `creation' value?

Leo Liu sdl.web@REDACTED
Fri Apr 10 06:52:21 CEST 2015

Hi there,

I am looking at function erts_find_or_insert_dist_entry in
erl_node_tables.c and there is no `creation' at insertion time. Any idea
how a DistEntry gets its `creation' value?

I also checked the distribution protocol and it seems a node can get its
own creation when publish to epmd. So when node A connects to node B, it
doesn't have node B's `creation'. How does the DistEntry for node B have
a correct creation value? Thanks.

Leo