[erlang-questions] [Patch] XMERL Attributes without whitespaces

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Tue Sep 16 05:59:58 CEST 2014

On 15/09/2014, at 11:22 PM, Eranga Udesh wrote:

> Hi Motiejus,
>
> It is not just W3C parser, but it seems PHP/Java XML parser(s) too support attributes without spaces.

For what it's worth, my XML parser and the SWI Prolog XML
parser and nsgmls with the -xwml flag
accept missing white space, while xmllint(1) does not.

It's not just XML 1.1 that says attributes must be separated
by spaces.  The grammar is the same in XML 1.0, and the
HTML 5 specification says in
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/syntax.html#start-tags
that "Attributes must be separated from each other by one
or more space characters."

One would hope that a validator would enforce this.
My own parser is called 'qh' (for Quick Hack), so you can
guess how much checking it does...