[erlang-questions] Unable to create Mnesia table

Youngkin, Rich richard.youngkin@REDACTED
Fri Oct 10 21:51:55 CEST 2014

Just in case it's helpful to anyone... I've discovered the error of my ways
(but I'm still looking towards a solution). This application used to start
Mnesia directly after creating the schema (only on the initial startup of
course). When creating the release I changed this by adding the mnesia
application to the {applications, [...]} tuple in the app.src file. I did
this to fix another problem caused by the Mnesia beam files not being
included as part of the Erlang distro created by relx.  So in the release
version, Mnesia is up and running before the schema is created. So I end up
with a started Mnesia application without a schema, which of course is
needed to define tables.

So now on the my next question, how can I get the schema initialized if
Mnesia is started prior to schema creation?  Some guy who gives crappy
answers  :) had this post in StackOverflow that gave a partial answer -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14083367/mnesia-doesnt-restart-with-supervisor.
Is this really the preferred way of doing this? Seems like a bit of a hack
to me (but I'm still a newbie, what do I know :>).

Cheers,
Rich

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 8:33 AM, Youngkin, Rich <richard.youngkin@REDACTED