[erlang-questions] Emacs Erlang Mode: a different face for module and function name in external function calls

egarrulo egarrulo@REDACTED
Tue Oct 7 00:43:57 CEST 2014

Hello everybody,

Erlang Mode highlights both the module and the function name of an
external function call (for instance "lists:map") with the same face
(`font-lock-type-face').  I would like Erlang Mode to use two different
faces.

Apparently, this behaviour is determined by this code in "erlang.el":

(defvar erlang-font-lock-keywords-ext-function-calls
   (list
    (list (concat erlang-atom-regexp "\\s-*:\\s-*"
                  erlang-atom-regexp "\\s-*(")
          '(1 'font-lock-type-face)
          '(2 'font-lock-type-face)))
   "Font lock keyword highlighting an external function call.")

I have modified the second face to `font-lock-function-name-face', like
this:

          '(2 'font-lock-function-name-face)))

saved "erlang.el" and restarted Emacs, but the highlighting hasn't changed.

I have tried with "emacs -Q", too.

Any help? Thanks.

Software:
- GNU Emacs 24.3.1