[erlang-questions] Subordinate processes and stdout

zxq9 zxq9@REDACTED
Sun Oct 5 18:26:45 CEST 2014

On 2014年10月5日 日曜日 16:20:58 you wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> You're killing the children on line 14; I imagine that, given the
> simplicity of this piece of code, in most runs the children won't
> actually have time to be properly scheduled and executed before they are
> killed. Replacing the io:format/2 calls on the parent with a
> 'timer:sleep(100)' had the same desired effect (i.e. the children
> printing out their messages successfully.)
>
> It's just premature death.

Hi Guilherme & Vlad,

Bah! I'm kicking myself now for not realizing that.

I didn't figure that a call to io:format once would be precisely (and rather
consistently) enough time for three subsequent calls in subordinates but no
more. Once again, I've demonstrated to myself that correlation is not
causation.

Thanks, fellas. I feel much more sane now.