[erlang-questions] phantom mnesia backup entries

tom kelly ttom.kelly@REDACTED
Wed Oct 1 14:25:58 CEST 2014

Hi list,

I've been examining an mnesia backup from one of our production machines
using the traverse_backup function and have found some strange entries. In
one fragmented set table (with no secondary indexes) where the record
structure is meant to be {tab_name, key, field1, field2} there exist
entries like: {tab_name, key}.
However I can't find the entries after loading the table fragment with
mnesia:restore.

I've been trawling through our app to find where these might get created
but have drawn a blank and have come to the provisional conclusion that
they're an internal mnesia quirk.

Can any of the mnesia experts on the list confirm or deny? And if confirmed
maybe provide a short explanation of their function to satisfy my curiosity?

Many thanks.

//TTom.