[erlang-questions] How to start application before all eunit cases

Nathan Fiedler nathanfiedler@REDACTED
Mon Nov 24 16:08:44 CET 2014

I don't have an explanation for the application sometimes failing to find
the config file, but I can say that when I tried to use EUnit for anything
slightly more complicated than the simplest of tests, it turned into a
frustrating experience. Instead, I changed my tests to Common Test, which
may be a bit like killing a fly with a baseball bat, but it sure does the
job. And you can ramp up slowly with CT; I'm just using the _data directory
to hold data files and the init_per_suite/end_per_suite hooks to set up and
tear down. The best part is I didn't have to change the tests themselves,
other than to receive a Config argument.

Short answer: use Common Test.