[erlang-questions] is there a generic file fetcher anywhere?

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Tue Nov 18 11:10:42 CET 2014

Hello,

Has anybody written a "generic file fetcher" - I'd like to fetch files
or collections of files from various remote locations (Git, SVG, HTTP, FTP etc)
handling proxies etc. on the way

Is there any generic code to do this?

I took a quick peek at the rebar source code since I know it can fetch from git
but it just does a os:cmd("git fetch origin  ...")

It strikes me that it would be a good idea to isolate code like this into a
separate library and make it more generic. This would be rather useful

Cheers

/Joe