[erlang-questions] General interoperability questions

Diptansu Das diptansu@REDACTED
Mon Nov 3 19:55:23 CET 2014

Hi,
I am an erlang newbie trying to figure out how best to communicate with an
external program (which I need for my project). If I use C nodes according
to the documentation I need to call erl_connect(...) How does erl_connect
know which port to use to connect to the erlang node? Are there default
ports that get used?
On a related note, the ports documentation says that because stdin and
stdout are buffered not to use those for ports communication -- but then
promptly uses those in the examples. Isn't there a simple way to for ports
to use (already opened) read and write ports to some existing process for
the ports communication?

It will be very helpful if somebody can clear up my confusion...

Thanks,
Diptansu