[erlang-questions] Question about ETS documentation

Yves S. Garret yoursurrogategod@REDACTED
Mon Mar 31 00:45:00 CEST 2014

Hello,

I've been reading this documentation:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/ets.html#lookup_element-3

What I have a hard time figuring out is what the Pos means.  Why would it
be needed at all?  I'm looking at this code:

Cx_PId = ets:lookup_element(IdsNPIds, Cx#cortex.id, 2),

And I have no idea what this and why have it there.  I've already specified
the element that we're searching for, why the position?  Does the position
refer to the element that's located inside of the return value?  As in, I
want the 2nd element from the return value?

Thanks in advance.