[erlang-questions] how does an erlang Socket/Port look from inside?

Dror Mein drormein@REDACTED
Wed Mar 26 17:38:17 CET 2014

for some reason it blocks to wait while on listen...

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:00 PM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

How about opening a socket on a random port?

{ok, S} = gen_tcp:listen(0, [{active, false}]).

On 03/26/2014 04:45 PM, Dror Mein wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I want to eunit+meck test a simple telnet client which uses the guard
> is_port(Port).
> how can I pass something in meck:expect/4 that will pass the guard?
>
> is it a record/reference that I can make up?
> can I use hd(erlang:ports()) -> #Port<0.0> without blowing up?
> Thanks

Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu