[erlang-questions] Dealing with different environment configurations?

Fri Mar 21 21:04:48 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Roger Lipscombe <roger@REDACTED>wrote:

> The problem I had with that is that it expects either fully-qualified
> paths, which means we need to know where the package is going to be
> installed (I mean, we do, but it seems brittle). Or it looks for
> config relative to the VM working directory. If you're using the relx
> start script, that's one up from the 'bin' directory.

Keep the path injection as part of the surrounding build framework. The
things around the release will surely know where the configuration file
ends up. A simple shell script can replace the last lines of the file with
where the configuration is.

--
J.