[erlang-questions] Unix domain sockets

Michael Truog <>
Fri Mar 21 05:32:46 CET 2014

I also am disappointed that unix domain sockets lack support, but I am also disappointed there are more internal checks to prevent their use now.  I have been able to graft on support, but it isn't pretty (since it needs to avoid the internal prim_inet checks):

When I add unix domain sockets this way, I do get an internal ERTS thread stuck at 100% CPU (somehow stuck in a tight loop) for unknown reasons, but it works fine otherwise.