[erlang-questions] Unexpected list_to_binary behavior

Sean Cribbs sean@REDACTED
Tue Mar 18 15:23:52 CET 2014

integer_to_binary/1 could be written as integer_to_binary(N) ->
list_to_binary(integer_to_list(N)). Furthermore, what you ask for is not
straightforward, given the numerous encodings of integers available. What
if I wanted a 64-bit signed little-endian integer encoded in the binary?
You can't tell i2b that, but you could do it with bit syntax:
 <<65535:64/little-signed>>  ( <<0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0>> ).

Sean Cribbs <sean@REDACTED>
Software Engineer
Basho Technologies, Inc.
http://basho.com/