[erlang-questions] monitor/2

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Sun Mar 16 00:21:56 CET 2014

I would like to see (and have been for a long time :):

monitor(name, abc) -> reference()

and then be able get notifications when the name abc is registered and unregistered.

Then notifications could be something like:

{'UP',Ref, name, Pid, abc }
{'UP',Ref, name, Port, abc }
{'DOWN', Ref, name, Pid, abc}
{'DOWN', Ref, name, Port, abc}

/Tony

On 14 mar 2014, at 23:50, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to discuss monitor/2.
>
> It's been there for a while, and it's always taking 'process' as first argument. Any plans to add anything else? And if nothing is foreseen before the end of times, any plans to add a monitor/1 instead?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Loïc Hoguin
> http://ninenines.eu

"Installing applications can lead to corruption over time. Applications gradually write over each other's libraries, partial upgrades occur, user and system errors happen, and minute changes may be unnoticeable and difficult to fix"