[erlang-questions] No JSON/MAPS interoperability in 17.0?

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Sat Mar 15 16:58:22 CET 2014

On 03/14/2014 12:55 PM, Joe Armstrong wrote:
>       1) does a floating point number survive a round-trip from erlang
> -> JSON -> Erlang
>            is it "bit identical" after the round trip? - why does this
> matter? - well it
>           might just matter - I might want to cache the result or
> compute a SHA1 from it.

I'm not sure you can guarantee this if the encoding/decoding happens on
different architectures, can you? Is a 64bit floating point number the
same on Intel, AMD, ARM, GPUs, FPGAs and so on?

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu