[erlang-questions] No JSON/MAPS interoperability in 17.0?

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Fri Mar 14 11:03:57 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Jesper Louis Andersen
<jesper.louis.andersen@REDACTED> wrote:
> Yes, EDN is an interesting format.
>
> But don't forget data.fressian, UBF and ASN.1 BER/DER which are nice formats
> as well.
>
> No encoding format can rule them all it seems. But certainly, the world is
> relying far too much on JSON as it stands right now.

I didn't know about fressian, is there any Erlang implementation?
ASN.1 requires a schema which make it really different from the JSON
usage imo.

What would be cool at least is having a format that correctly handle
numbers and binary types instead of considering everything as string.
Also a simple way to decode json in a straming fashion.

- benoit