[erlang-questions] otp / behavior / cowboy_websocket_handler

t x txrev319@REDACTED
Tue Mar 11 09:14:55 CET 2014

So I'm still not seeing the "loop"

## https://github.com/extend/cowboy/blob/master/examples/websocket/src/ws_handler.erl

  This file defines websocket_*, thus fulfilling the behavior.
However, it does not spawn the process itself.

## https://github.com/extend/cowboy/blob/master/examples/websocket/src/websocket_app.erl#L16-L20

  I believe this spawns the process, via calling cowboy:start_http to
do the actual work.

## https://github.com/extend/cowboy/blob/master/src/cowboy.erl#L43-L46

  This is cowboy:start_http, which appears to just pass the work off
to ranch:start_listener.

## https://github.com/extend/ranch/blob/master/src/ranch.erl#L39-L68

  This is ranch:start_listener. I have no idea what's going on here.

Can someone pin point / explain to me where in ranch this process is
being spawn?

Thanks!

PS: I've looked at:

http://ninenines.eu/docs/en/cowboy/HEAD/guide/ws_handlers/
http://ninenines.eu/docs/en/cowboy/HEAD/manual/cowboy_websocket/
http://ninenines.eu/docs/en/cowboy/HEAD/manual/cowboy_websocket_handler/

However, I want more details / see the mechanics of how it works / get
familiar with tracing through Erlang code.