[erlang-questions] [ANN] erl-min-prj -- Easy way to create a .deb package + minimal project template

Alexander Alexeev mail@REDACTED
Tue Mar 11 07:09:48 CET 2014

Hello.

In case you have some problems with packing your Erlang project in .deb
package you could be interested in taking a look on this repository:

https://github.com/afiskon/erl-min-prj

First of all, it's an example of minimal Erlang project. It comes with
Makefile which packs a project in .deb package (using FPM). A script
for creating a new project using this one as a template is also
provided. It's very simple to use:

# (create/checkout a new git repository)
cd mynewservice
wget https://raw.github.com/afiskon/erl-min-prj/master/scripts/new-erl-srv
chmod u+x new-erl-srv
./new-erl-srv mynewservice "My Service Description" http://homepage.example.com/
rm new-erl-srv

git add .
git commit -am 'Initial Commit'
git push origin HEAD
git tag 0.1.0 # tags are used as deb package version
git push origin 0.1.0

make run # run service, for debug purposes
make deb # create deb package

I hope you will find all this stuff useful. Feel free for make bug reports (I'm pretty sure there are none but who knows) and pull requests. In particular I don't work with rpm-based Linux distros at all. So it would be nice if someone who does will add support of building rpm packages :)

--
Best regards,
Alexander Alexeev