[erlang-questions] No JSON/MAPS interoperability in 17.0?

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Sun Mar 9 19:35:24 CET 2014

It would be a bad idea to standardize something that nobody uses yet. How
will we know if they got it right? Once it's in there, we're stuck with it.
Arguably we should've had some JSON library by Erlang 16, but the community
never really settled on a standard representation or API.

Erlang 18 would be a much better time to add a standard maps-using JSON
library. Perhaps even a lower level streaming parser too.