[erlang-questions] erlang restart application

t x txrev319@REDACTED
Sat Mar 8 11:52:41 CET 2014

@Loic:

  Thanks! This was extremely clear and helpful.

=================================

As a follow up question, is there documentation for erlang.mk
anywhere? I know of the README at https://github.com/extend/erlang.mk
, but it's a bit short on details.

I'm also aware of https://github.com/erlware/relx/wiki/configuration
but I don't really understand it.

What I really want to understand is what happens behind the scenes, a
detailed description of:

  * when I run _rel/bin/websocket_example start
  * how does this use src/websocket.app.src

  * what processes are created? (clearly websocket_app.erl is called)
  * what options are they called with

  * and questions I'm not even asking

I feel that when I run:

make; _rel/bin/websocket_example console

  there's _alot_ of stuff (compared to say, what Programming Erlang,
up to chapter 18, covers) going on behind the scenes.

I'd really like to understand what is happening behind the scenes for
debugging purposes.

What tutorial should I be going through?

Thanks!