[erlang-questions] Nomenclature straw-poll

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Thu Mar 6 17:39:31 CET 2014

I think Beam is the correct name of the current implementation of the
Erlang VM. And there are no other complete and in practice useful EVMs that
I know of.

My experience is that starting with talking about Beam will lead to
confusion if you are not talking to experienced Erlangers.

The name of the executable is beam or beam.smp
So if you are talkin about what you can observe with top, ps etc. Beam is
the right thing.

/Kenneth