[erlang-questions] idiomatic way to do hot code reloading with erlang.mk + relx
Thu Mar 6 15:08:40 CET 2014
This is what I currently understand:
* how to use erlang.mk (from playing with examples in cowboy)
* how to use relx (from playing with examples in cowboy)
* how hot code reloading works in Erlang (from chapter in Programming Erlang)
* how to attach my emacs to an existing erlang node (via help from mailing list)
This is what I currently do not understand:
* suppose I have something I'm running via erlang.mk + relx, i.e.:
make; ./_rel/bin/websocket_example console
* how do I:
1) give it a -sname so I can attach to it from another erlang node?
2) do hot code reloading on something that is already running via relx
In particular, I'd love to read a guide / tutorial on what to keep in
mind, gotchas, tips / tricks, etc ...
More information about the erlang-questions