[erlang-questions] How to investigate a CPU Load problem ?

Jesse Gumm <>
Tue Mar 4 21:26:37 CET 2014

To help find out what processes go haywire when they do, I use a
slightly modified version of entop that shows the current function
call, process status (waiting, running), and stacktrace to help debug
what's going on:

(Yeah, I know the indenting is all hosed up).

And of course, htop to verify that it is indeed the beam process
that's freaking out.

Best of luck,