[erlang-questions] Jinterface, Android, and epmd

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Sat Mar 1 13:11:06 CET 2014

As some point I was facing a similar issue when I was implementing a .NET
library similar to JInterface (
http://blog.aumcode.com/2013/10/nfx-native-interoperability-of-net-with.html
).

I ended up making epmd registration optional (perhaps a similar patch is
needed for JInterface), as not every OTP client Java node may need to start
a listener for incoming connections, and that registration is unnecessary.