[erlang-questions] Jinterface, Android, and epmd

David Welton davidnwelton@REDACTED
Sat Mar 1 12:27:02 CET 2014

We are not interested at all in running Erlang on the tablet, so
having epmd or anything else is just overhead.

The answer as far as our code is concerned, is to create a really
simple, small, incomplete epmd in Java:

http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/erts/erl_dist_protocol.html

It accepts

PORT_PLEASE2_REQ (122)
and responds with
PORT2_RESP which always points at the same TCP port because we already
selected the port to listen on.

We'll see if we can get everything working on Monday.

This is a lot simpler than trying to package up and include epmd!  We
only want to have the one node for the time being.

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/

http://www.dedasys.com/