[erlang-questions] Which IDE do you use for Erlang/OTP core development?

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Thu Jun 26 16:59:21 CEST 2014

Hello,

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:18 AM, ami <m3oucat@REDACTED> wrote:

> Which IDEs do you use to treat all the source tree(both Erlang & C) as a
> single project?
> I might use one IDE for C and another for Erlang. But it’s quite ugly and
> inconvenient.

Almost all of the developers at the Erlang/OTP group use Emacs+ctags for
development. A few rebels use vim/slickedit and some other stuff.

Personally I use Emacs+ctags and it works well enough. I've tried to use
Eclipse in the past, but I can't stand it when my text editor sometimes
decides to hang/crash so I've stopped using it. At times I do miss the
reverse lookup/c-refactoring/auto-completion stuff of Eclipse, but not
enough to move back :) and if I really needed it I'm sure there is an Emacs
plugin for it somewhere.

Lukas