[erlang-questions] Which IDE do you use for Erlang/OTP core development?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Thu Jun 26 02:17:13 CEST 2014

On 25/06/2014, at 9:18 PM, ami wrote:
> Which IDEs do you use to treat all the source tree(both Erlang & C) as a single project?
> I might use one IDE for C and another for Erlang. But it’s quite ugly and inconvenient.

I've had the Erlang sources for years.
It's very rare for me to look at the C sources at all,
so I really don't see the inconvenience.

Someone developing a NIF would have a different experience,
but that's something that should be done with extreme
vigilant trepidation (thanks for the phrase, Rex Stout)
after a long experience of doing things purely in Erlang.

> please share links, configs, etc.
>
> The most needed features are:
> * go to declaration

You do realise that in any sufficiently dynamic language,
it may be impossible to do this correctly?

> * code completion
> * easy navigation through the code

You did do a web search for "Erlang IDE"?
You would find http://www.erlang.org/faq/tools.html
and of course erlide.