[erlang-questions] Go vs Erlang for distribution

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Wed Jun 25 19:13:44 CEST 2014

In my opinion Go is not a right tool for almost any job. It falls
short in many areas:
- it ignores two decades of programming languages design research
- it does very poorly compared to other strongly typed statically
compiled language
- it has inconsistent type system
- it is absurdly verbose
- it's error handling is horrendous
- it is not a simple nor a small language
- it has too many special cases and exceptions in it's semantics
- no polymorphic data types (not to mention higher kinded polymorphism)
- etc.

In my opinion, in almost all uses of Go I heard, I am pretty sure
choosing either Erlang or Haskell would work much better.

With all engineering hours which were invested in Go, world could have
gotten a superb language instead of something so very mediocre.